Monday, January 17, 2011

I just have to brag

This morning was our very first history class.  Todays topic was about the cradles of Roman history.  Oh yea, did I mention we WENT to these places?  We hit up the Jewish Quarter and learned some pretty interesting stuff I never knew about Roman Jews.  I also found out the origin to the Medical symbol (the snake around the sword) and why there is a Hospital on Tiber Island (which is the local hospital to where I live, so if something ever happens, thats where we would need to go).  I learned a little about Romulus and Remus and their myth and then our class ended at Circus Maximus.  There were more little stops along the way, so we pretty much had a fun packed class.  So much better then seeing these places in photos.

Had I known when I passed the Basilica Santa Maria in Cosmodin JUST the other day, that the Mouth of Truth is hanging on the wall in that vestibule, I probably would have stopped to take a look.  This morning on our way into this basilica, I was wondering why there was a line to get in.  Then I saw the edge of it, and my teacher, Eric, took out his camera.  omg.  There it is.  The experience took probably only 2 seconds, but it was one thing on my bucket list.

Don’t worry, I still have my hand >:)

No comments:

Post a Comment